Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Long Awaited..... domo

I know that I have fallen behind on updates, so here we go. As of right now, there will be no m's on the island of Kyushu (the island that Fukuoka is on) this time next year. At least, no Southern Baptist m's. Two of the members on my team finish their term in October, one in January, and the other two will retire next year after over 30 years of ministering in Japan. I trust that God will move here. Please be in prayer for hearts to be moved for Japan and the island of Kyushu. Maybe you are the one that God wants.

I wish I could say that hundreds are flocking to the Lord, but this soil is very dry and hard. I have had several meaningful conversations these past couple weeks, but there is little showing of the hidden work that God is doing. I know that He is tugging on some heart strings. SG has been asking great questions. Keep him in your prayers. H has been getting a lot of encouragement to live his life in reckless abandonment to Christ from some awesome people.

On a lighter note, I've been able to show God's love to many younger Japanese in addition to the college students. They've been anywhere from 3 to 12. Japanese babies are ridiculously cute and the kids are incredibly playful. I was able to help Nancy with her outreach to preschoolers and their parents last week. There was so much laughter. We also handed out some Manga Bibles a few weeks ago to some college students, and their professor said some were expressing interest in what they read.

All that being said...
This is Domo-kun. He is a mascot for a Japanese TV Station. He was born from an egg.
Soon to come... a video of the robot toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment